On Sat, September 8, 2012 8:51 am, Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 13:37:55 -0700, Weaver wrote:
>
>> I know how hard it can be to see the forest when you are too close to
>> the trees, so I thought I would re-post something I put up in another
>> forum where Miguel de Icaza's recent communication was being discussed
>> and in answer to Vaughan-Nicholl's recent article of semi-acceptance.
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> The most 'untechie' person on the planet can use any Linux distribution
>> once it is installed.
>
> (...)
>
>> The reason they don't is the install procedure.
>
> (...)
>
> I think it's not that easy.
>
> First, because "untechie" users neither have to install Windows nor MacOS
> as both usually come along with the computer in a pre-installed form thus
> they only have to provide some basic data.

Yes, a couple have made this point, but from my own personal experience,
it's not the case.

I am not what you could call 'financially endowed' and always obtained
older and, in many cases, in complete boxes.
I couldn't afford the brand new OEM boxes, so always had to install
Windows, when I used it, myself.
I had to buy that.

>From memory, it ran itself.
There were perhaps a couple of questions that didn't require reference to
Einstein, but that was all.

Nothing anywhere near as complex as an expert Debian install, which is
what I prefer now.
Not to the point of being one of the 'High-Riders', but I'm getting there.
Regards,

Weaver.

--
"The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al
Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a