On Sun, 2012-09-09 at 13:55 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
[snip]
> Back to home, your uncle sends a "beautiful" PowerPoint file by e-mail to
> your father and despite LibreOffice can open the file with no problem
> your father ears no sound. And here is where the real linux hist[eo]ry
> starts... at this point, unless your father either a) shows a real
> interest in solving the problem by himself or b) you or someone else is
> near to solve the problem, 99% of the time your fictional father will
> simply jump to Windows.

+1

The less expensive computer isn't a computer with Linux installed
instead of Windows, but a computer we mount ourself, after buying the
individual parts. Unfortunately not everybody has got the ability or
time to do it. For software it's similar, especially for Linux a newbie
already could choose the wrong distro regarding to the needs. The
imaginary father could run into serious issues, if he buys a printer and
scanner ;).

Regards,
Ralf