On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 19:54:12 +0200, lee wrote:

> Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> writes:

(...)

>>> Nobody --- and that probably isn't going to change.
>>
>> For Windows, yes, it's plenty of people.
>
> No, there aren't.

In my planet, yes. Everybody I know uses Windows (starting from my mother
and ending with my company partners).

>> Remember: Windows is a toy, MacOS is a dungeon and Linux is an
>> attitude.
>
> What's your point?

My point is that one of the main obstacles for the Linux introduction
into the mass market (i.e., consumers) is not "difficulty" but the lack
of people who can help you when a problem arises.

Today, most of the user-friendly Linux distributions you can find out
there (Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE, Debian...) are as easier to install and
deal with as can be Windows or MacOS in the event they all have to be
installed from scratch.

So, if Linux is now accesible and easy for consumers, why still those low
number for Linux desktops? "Attitude".

When a Windows user has a problem (an hey, because of my work, I'm tired
of solving Windows problems) the user can easily find someone to fix it
so he/she stays with Windows because the problem has gone. This is not
happening when the user has Linux. Unless he/she shows a possitive
attitude, the problem will stay forever because finding someone that
knows about Linux is not that easy.

> There isn't anyone who could solve a problem they might have with
> windoze. Ask even an MSCE, and the only thing they say is "I don't
> know".

I'm a long time Windows user and there was only one time when I contacted
MS official support which finally did not solve my issue and I had to
figure out by myself. Microsoft users are one of their most valuable
assets, meaning that you don't need to contact Microsoft in order to get
a problem solved, the web is plenty of plain users that do their work :-)

>>> They would ask what konqueror is and tell you to reboot or to
>>> re-install. That's not a significant difference.
>>
>> Ha! People can't even spell "konqueror" correctly, do you expect they
>> will know what the hell is "that"?
>
> Did you read what I wrote?

Yes, and I found it funny because most people don't even know that
konqueror is a piece of software...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón