On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 05:12:35PM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> Some non-packaged software, e.g. the BOINC client, requires a relatively
> recent version of glibc.
>
> Wheezy, the latest non-unstable version of Debian, is stuck at 2.13,
> released 1.5 years ago, and since it is frozen there won't be a new glibc
> available for some undetermined amount of time probably not less than six
> months.
>
> So aside from waiting for jessie to exist, what are my options? Has anyone
> tried installing glibc from unstable in a Wheezy system? How usable is sid,
> these days?

Never mind, I just checked and Sid is also running 2.13. Apparently I'd have
to use ANOTHER DISTRO to get a glibc less than 18 months old.

Really?

Developers: really?

I gauess the only way to get an answer to the above rhetorical question
would be to file a bug against glibc--that's how to reach the glibc team,
right?
--
Carl Fink                           nitpick...@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!