Let me start with a disclaimer - I am not a hardware person!

I am using Oracle VirtualBox (v 4.2.6 r82870) as a testbed for Wheezy
Testing before upgrading my production linux computer.  The software is
installed on my 64 bit Dell Inspiron laptop with 8 GB of RAM running MS Win

7 Professional as the primary OS.

With a couple of exceptions that I attribute to a less than complete
understanding of the VirtualBox environment, Wheezy is performing well.

It was with a fair amount  of surprise that I discovered, entirely by
chance, that according to KInfoCenter that the system is using only 4.47 GB
of total physical memory!!!

Googling 'Debian Wheezy 64 bit memory limitation' only turn up references to
Squeezy and the Debian Handbook doesn't seem to address the issue.

I would greatly appreciate being pointed to any sources of information about
this issue.

Thanks in advance.