Dear Stephen,

please do not post HTML to the list[1].

Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> I am using Oracle VirtualBox (v 4.2.6 r82870) as a testbed for Wheezy
> Testing before upgrading my production linux computer.  The software is
> installed on my 64 bit Dell Inspiron laptop with 8 GB of RAM running MS Win
> 7 Professional as the primary OS.
>
> With a couple of exceptions that I attribute to a less than complete
> understanding of the VirtualBox environment, Wheezy is performing well.

Are you running Wheezy _inside_ VirtualBox with Windows 7 as the host
OS, or is this a dual-boot system?

If the latter, wheezy should easily detect 8 GB and use them. In case
of the former, you probably only allocated 4.7 GB to Wheezy in the
VirtualBox configuration, hence the ‘computer’  Wheezy runs on only
has 4.7 GB.

Best,

Claudius

[1] as by #9 in the Code of Conduct for Debian mailing lists,
    http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct
--
Please don’t CC me.