On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Yaro Kasear <y...@marupa.net> wrote:
> On 03/13/2013 10:53 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>
>> Long Wind wrote:
>>>
>>> linux is stable, or is it?
>>> flash player
>>

>> Linux is stable and flash player isn't Linux, flash player development for
>> Linux already is dropped, there will be no future versions for Linux. If
>> people want Microsoft/Apple, regarding to Apple flash player is a bad
>> example ;), they should use Microsft/Apple. Linux is an OS for itself, not a
>> Replacement-OS for other OS. It's a misconception.
>>
>> If you need flash player, then Linux isn't a good choice for your needs.
>>

> I'm fairly certain Adobe is still developing Flash Player for Linux and has
> no plans to stop

>From https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatform/whitepapers/roadmap.html :

"Linux

Adobe has been working closely with Google to develop a single, modern
API for hosting plug-ins within the browser. The PPAPI, code-named
"Pepper", aims to provide a layer between the plug-in and browser that
abstracts away differences between browser and operating system
implementations. You can find more information on the Pepper API at
http://code.google.com/p/ppapi/.

Because of this work, Adobe has been able to partner with Google in
providing a "Pepper" implementation of Flash Player for all x86/64
platforms supported by the Google Chrome browser. Google now
distributes this new Pepper-based Flash Player as part of Chrome on
all platforms, including Linux.

For Flash Player releases after 11.2, the Flash Player browser plug-in
for Linux will only be available via the "Pepper" API as part of the
Google Chrome browser distribution and will no longer be available as
a direct download from Adobe. Adobe will continue to provide security
updates to non-Pepper distributions of Flash Player 11.2 on Linux for
five years from its release.

Flash Player will continue to support browsers using non-"Pepper"
plug-in APIs on platforms other than Linux.

Adobe will not be providing a Pepper-based debug player implementation
of the Flash Player browser plug-in on Linux.

As of Adobe AIR 3, Adobe has discontinued support for Adobe AIR for
Linux operating systems."

Cheers,
Kelly