David Dušanić writes:

 > Ok, we have to be even more correct on this, even JWM is just a
 > window manager.

One may agree with the precision of your classification.

Or the same one may increase confusion by (rightfully) asserting that
depending on user skills and habits, a WM and shell may be all the
"desktop environment" a user needs, especially when she already has
(or can create easily) all the inter-program communication required.

[it is my case, if you are wondering about :) - I agree that someone can
 argue that Emacs is my desktop environment :)]

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO