Hi all,

I recently reinstalled my system on two SDD that I got (Intel 530 240GB
-f/w updated and a Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB - f/w 520ABFF0
(latest 525ABFF0)). I have the main system running on the Intel SSD
(LVM) and a partition on the Kingston for my VMs.

Off lately, I have noticed that the VMs (Windows or Linux) take more
than a minute to give me the login screen. I have destroyed a Linux Mint
VM completely and reinstalled it with no change in performance. My
physical system starts up and gives me the login screen in less than 30sec!

hdparm gives me the performance of Kingston as below (a normal HDD gives
75MB/s buffered reads):

/dev/sdd:
 Timing buffered disk reads:   8 MB in  3.31 seconds =   2.41 MB/sec

while the Intel:
/dev/sda1:
 Timing buffered disk reads: 186 MB in  0.61 seconds = 304.46 MB/sec

I haven't been able to find a way to install the latest firmware for the
Kingston yet. Is there anything else that I can change to get it to work
normally.

Thanks,
KS