On 06/03/2015 05:30 AM, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
On Tue, 2015-06-02 at 19:04 -0500, Jose Martinez wrote:
I see I've sparked a pretty good discussion on the list.  I sure
appreciate all the advice/information it will come in very handy when I
actually have the systems in hand.
You could always try mining Bitcoin:
http://www.righto.com/2015/05/bitcoin-mining-on-55-year-old-ibm-1401.html

But I guess none of your systems are quite as old? ;)

Oh, Man, Holerith (It's been so long I'm not sure how to spell it anymore)...I learned to type on an IBM keypunch machine punching 80 column cards full of data for some statistical analysis (wrote the analysis proceedures in SPSS, too). Those were the days:-D

--
JM