-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Martinez [mailto:jomartinez...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 12:51 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Old Computers

On 06/03/2015 05:30 AM, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-06-02 at 19:04 -0500, Jose Martinez wrote:
>> I see I've sparked a pretty good discussion on the list.  I sure
>> appreciate all the advice/information it will come in very handy when
>> I actually have the systems in hand.
> You could always try mining Bitcoin:
> http://www.righto.com/2015/05/bitcoin-mining-on-55-year-old-ibm-1401.h
> tml
>
> But I guess none of your systems are quite as old? ;)

Oh, Man, Holerith (It's been so long I'm not sure how to spell it anymore)...I
learned to type on an IBM keypunch machine punching 80 column cards full of
data for some statistical analysis (wrote the analysis proceedures in SPSS,
too).  Those were the days:-D

And do you remember carrying your punched card deck from the keypunch room to
the data center--and have someone bump into you and spill the cards on the
floor?
Larry
--
JM