Jose Martinez wrote:
> Marc Shapiro wrote:
> > Jose Martinez wrote:
> > > Yeah, there's nothing like making an antique useful.  I remember the
> > > days of the PDP-11 running *nix....What I wouldn't give to come up with
> > > one of those old things!!
> >
> > My first programming class, back in 1976 was on a PDP-11.  Those were the
> > days.  Bootstrap with physical toggle switches on the box to enter the
> > binary code.
>
> Boy do I remember those toggle switches!!!  A few years back, I built a Z-80
> based toy, and that was one of things I wanted t have...Toggle switches and
> lights on the front panel!  Made it work too.

Put that PDP 11 experience to work!  Here is a recent job posting for
a PDP 11 Software Designer for a nuclear power plant.  Some things
never go out of style!  Especially when working at a nuclear power
plant.  Hope they will have 500 years worth of spare parts.

  https://ca.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/28135735
  January 20, 2015
  Job description
  Design of new PDP-11 assembly level software as well as the
  extension of existing automated control systems to accommodate new
  functionality.

Bob