Petter Adsen writes:
 > On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 02:09:23 -0500
 > rlhar...@oplink.net wrote:
 >
 > > On Sun, August 30, 2015 8:49 pm, Martin Read wrote:
 > > > Cherry still *are* (or at some point resumed) making mechanical
 > > > keyswitches with a rated life in the tens of millions, and the Internet
 > > > is
 > > > full of mail-order vendors selling keyboards (from several different
 > > > manufacturers) built with those Cherry keyswitches.
 > >
 > > How much do those things cost?  Now that a keyboard can be had for $10 or
 > > $15, is it better to pay $150 or even $250 for a quality keyboard, or
 > > replace a $15 keyboard every year or even every six months?
 >
 > I while back I bought a Razer Black Widow mechanical keyboard, and it
 > cost about $100. They claim[1] that the switches will last up to 60
 > million keystrokes, and sell both silent and clicky types. It's a
 > really nicely built keyboard, and IMO good for typing. It also has USB
 > and audio pass-through.

I have a Cherry keyboard under my fingers. After some years of
continuous usage (it's my office keyboard) the original caps lost the
marking and I got the chance to make a custom coloured key-set.

The keyboard is still the most comfortable I ever used.

I'm planning giving Razer a try, I am willing to buy a K95 with all the left
keys - they recall me the old Sun keyboards I used as a student.

The RGB version could let me emulate the colors of my custom keyset
(black fo alphanumeric keys, blue for "shifts", green "non printable",
yellow for cursor movement, gray for function, red for esc and 'system
requests' and orange for insert). But this is just to make a geek happy.

The Cherry microswitches will make your fingers happy!

--
                                                Gian
                                       Friends will be friends