Richard,

On 8/19/16 10:08 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:

NO <GRIN>
I physically have two other machines on my desk which I could serve nicely to connect to the internet. Connecting either of the T43 or R61 ha NEVER been considered ;)

Perhaps a stupid question, but you describe

"The Debian machine is having various configurations of Jessie installed. Consider it a laboratory experiment. It can have multiple installs in a day. It intentionally has *NO* internet connectivity. It has a small partition set aside for preseed.cfg and miscellaneous scripts."

It seems to me that it's awfully cumbersome doing "multiple installs in a day" without a network connection. Sure, you can burn a minimal system to a live-CD or DVD, but as soon as you want anything more (say some of those tools for experimenting with networking), you need to pull stuff from a repository, or it gets VERY cumbersome.

So... how are you doing all of those installs?

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra