On 8/19/2016 10:46 AM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Richard,

On 8/19/16 10:08 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:

NO <GRIN>
I physically have two other machines on my desk which could
serve nicely to connect to the internet. Connecting either of
->them to<- missing words
the T43 or R61 has NEVER been considered ;)

Perhaps a stupid question, but you describe

"The Debian machine is having various configurations of Jessie
installed. Consider it a laboratory experiment. It can have
multiple installs in a day. It intentionally has *NO* internet
connectivity. It has a small partition set aside for
preseed.cfg and miscellaneous scripts."

It seems to me that it's awfully cumbersome doing "multiple
installs in a day" without a network connection.   Sure, you can
burn a minimal system to a live-CD or DVD, but as soon as you
want anything more (say some of those tools for experimenting
with networking), you need to pull stuff from a repository, or it
gets VERY cumbersome.

So... how are you doing all of those installs?

From COMPLETE sets of purchased DVD's. I started out with only a dialup connection. I now have T-Mobile's smallest data plan. Some of my key decisions were made on aesthetic more than technical considerations.