On Mon 22 Aug 2016 at 12:12:22 +0200, Nicolas George wrote:

> Le sextidi 6 fructidor, an CCXXIV, Thomas Schmitt a écrit :
> > The assumption that Vitalij is not subscribed is further supported by
> > the fact that he only replied to my mails which are Cc'ed to him.
>
> According to some people on this list, you should be quartered for CCing
> someone who did not ask for it because it contradicts a clause in the list's
> code of conduct. The fact that this clause does not work because it leads to
> precisely this kind of situation and there are technical solutions that
> yield a better result is lost on these people. As for myself, I have decided
> to ignore that clause and set locally the reply-to header that the list
> manager should be adding.

There is no "situation". A user posts to debian-user with a query.
Replies go to the list (L in mutt). The user reads the reply.

Ah, you say, the user might not be subscribed to the list and has
not made any other arrangement to view the list or get a reply via
a CC. Tough luck; it is not my place or responsibilty to make
assumptions (technical or social) on what the user does or does not
do.