On 15 September 2016 at 11:34, Michael Fothergill <
michael.fotherg...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 15 September 2016 at 10:59, Mark Fletcher <mark2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> My suggestion would be install apt-file, either using aptitude or
>> apt-get or synaptic if you prefer.
>>
>> Then as root:
>> apt-file update
>>
>> Once that is done, you can do apt-file search libpangoxft and see what
>> package, if any, in Debian contains it. Then install that package. Or
>> create a dummy package that depends on it and install that, so the library
>> will get removed again if you don't need it later and not clutter your
>> system up.
>>

> ​Many thanks for the help here!​
>

> ​I did this and it was the ​
>
> ​
> ​
> ibpangoxft-1.0
> ​-dev package that needed to be installed - but this time when I installed
> it using aptitude it worked.
>
> ​But when I tried to run xaralx I got the following error:​
>
> ​
> michaelmikef@rhubarb:~/Documents/CPI/xaralx/xaralx/bin$ ./xaralx
> ./xaralx: error while loading shared libraries: l
> ​​
> ibpangoxft-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> ​Regards
>
> MF​

​Dear All,

I tried installing xaralx on another machine I have running Debian Jessie
cf stretch above.

the tar file seemed to extract properly and I can see the executable:

mikef@rhinoceros:~/Documents/xaralx$ ls
bin  mime-storage  share  xaralx.desktop  xaralxHelp.tar.gz  xaralx.png
 xaralx.xml
mikef@rhinoceros:~/Documents/xaralx$ cd bin
mikef@rhinoceros:~/Documents/xaralx/bin$ ls
xaralx  xarasvgfilter  xarasvgfilterui
mikef@rhinoceros:~/Documents/xaralx/bin$ ls -l
total 33652
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mikef mikef 24330484 Aug 10  2006 xaralx
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mikef mikef  6453151 Aug 10  2006 xarasvgfilter
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mikef mikef  3669331 Aug 10  2006 xarasvgfilterui
mikef@rhinoceros:~/Documents/xaralx/bin$

looks encouraging.......

But

​
​when I try to run the executable the error I get is:

failed to execute ​child process

/home/mikef/Documents/xaralx/bin/xaralx (No such file or directory)

But the directory and file do exist...

​What I am I doing wrong here?

Regards

MF​