Hi Hans,
lynx no more suppresses site content, than a monitor refuses to show material. All lynx can do is give you what the site designer has used in their code. If the person drafting the site decides to use techniques that do not respond to the keyboard, do not create active links try to do something loopy like a sort of dynamic element, it is not the fault of lynx. In fact you may wish to contact the people behind this site and inform them. Especially since lynx is often used by those in their market.
Does this make sense?
Remember the references to the Internet as a super highway.
Lynx is just a car, if someone leaves pot holes in the road, one does not blame the car for this yes?
Happy to help,
Kare