Zenaan Harkness <zen...@freedbms.net> writes:

> If you ever need more flexibility, or more control over latency, or a
> need to adjust individual track offsets ("latency") after the fact,
> post-recording mix down sessions, many types of automation whilst
> recording, and many other high end audio tasks - jackd/Ardour may be
> just the solution you will then be looking for :)
>
> jackd may be built Ardour these days - if so, that would likely make
> config even easier.
>
> [...]
> the best is available with jackd and Ardour, for absolutely any
> tricky situation.

Thanks...  But for my present needs, it seems that sox and audacity are
sufficient: with sox I record tracks from multiple audio cards into different
files; then with Audacity I merge those tracks into one final file, and have
the possibility of adjusting at pleasure the balancing between left and right
channel for each track and also adjust the relative volumes.  In my litte basic
experiments, I don't note any minimum effect due to time drifting or so, about
which I read...

Rodolfo