On Mon 05 Feb 2018 at 17:07:35 (-0500), Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > >         (envelope-from <david@alum>)
> > >         id 1eimCc-0000EV-Nv; Mon, 05 Feb 2018 13:13:18 -0600
>
> > Is that meant to tell me something (as you wrote "but")?
>
> Without knowing exactly what piece Brian was focusing on, I can at
> least point out that your envelope-from is unusable.  You'll never
> be able to get a bounce message at that address.  Whether that was
> your intention, or an accident, only you can say.

Poor alum wouldn't have a clue what to do with a bounced email. Like
PCs on many home LANs, it only sends. When I'm at home, all my emails
leave this one PC as it makes filing and backing up the Sent-mail
copies easier. So what you see there is mutt on alum sending an email
to exim on alum which will rewrite the From as an address in the
UK. Again, it would be pointless to bounce mail back to the point at
which it enters the Internet, my ISP, as it would never get seen by me
(assuming they found somewhere to stick it).

Cheers,
David.