On 02/13/2018 06:47 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

I agree Deloptes, debian's newer releases are generally better, if the
ever increasing paranoia can be worked around. The major problems are
with the difficulties in building and installing, a newer, realtime
kernel for machine control usage, when the boot protocol is not grub
like, and none of these modern whiz bang credit card sized offerings use
grub to boot.
Gene, installing Ubuntu Studio, with it;s preconfigured RT kernel might be worth looking into. Then you will have all the updates you want without busting your knuckles. Works a charm for my midi uses. :) Ric
http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html