On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 00:05:57 +0200
"Michelle Konzack" <linux4miche...@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 2018-12-19 hackte Patrick Bartek in die Tasten:
> > On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 11:17:53 +0200
> > "Michelle Konzack" <linux4miche...@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
> >
> >> You have not even tried v61 or higher (v64 now).
> >>
> >> I have deactivated autoupdate but it simply ignore it since v54.
> >>
> >> Also it try to enforce to activated DRM content and whenever a
> >> website has this crap, I bet a yellow 100px high bar on the top
> >> with the question if I want to activate it.
> >
> > That's a notification from Firefox that you're accessing a site that
> > requires DRM. Since you have DRM turned off, you're going to get this
> > notification.  You could disable ALL notifications. Or don't access
> > sites that require DRM.
> >
> >> There is NO POSSIBILITY to deactivate DRM entirely including this
> >> crappy yellow bar...
> >
> > See above
>
> I have already searched for it and I can not find "drm" in "about:config"

The solution may not be under drm.  Search the 'net.  Or contact
Firefox's developers directly.  Or use their community help feature on
their web site.

> >> Also my ThinkPad T400 has 4GByte of memory and 4GByte of Swap and
> >> Firefox eat it in less the 24 hours by kicking other Applications.
> >>
> >> Also there is NO POSSIBILITY to limit th wbcache size...
> >> Firefox 64 is eating currently 26GByte of my diskspace!
> >
> > Sure there is. Enter about:config in the address gadget and search for
> > browser.cache.  Look for disk.capacity and change it.  There are other
> > cbrowser.cache configs there, too.  Up to you to research them and
> > make
> > what changes you desire.
> >
> > Perhaps, about:config has a setting to disable your yellow bar
> > notification. I haven't checked.
>
> My settings are simply ignored!

Try deleting all your cookies.  That solved a problem on one site I
frequent.  Could get anything displayed after 12 Nov 2016.  I now set
it to delete cookies when I quit the app.

At worst, purge Firefox Quantum entirely -- all settings, cookies,
history, etc. -- and reinstall.

I manually install mine.  Just download the zip file uncompress in my
Downloads directory, and copy firefox folder to /opt (as root).  Do the
same when it's upgraded.  Never any problems.

> My current version is "Firefox Quantum 64.0 (64-bit)"

Me, too.  But I have DRM enabled.  Need it for a couple of sites.