Gene wrote

> So I had been adding iptables rules but had to reboot this
> morning to get a baseline cups start, only to find my iptables rules
> were all gone and the bots are DDOSing me again. Grrrrrrr

0) Can you block them with an ACL in your router/firewall? And wr mem so
the ACL will be there when it boots. (pardon the Cisco-ese)

1) There's a way (that I haven't needed to use yet) to put all your
iptables rules in a file to be used at every reboot. And I suspect
systemd knows how, or can be asked, to run that file on boot.

You may have to ask iptables to write that file every time you add IPs.

--
Glenn English