On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 03:31:25PM +0100, Richmond wrote:
> > 1) Identify your video hardware.  Use "lspci -nn" for this.
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation NV11
> [GeForce2 MX/MX 400] [10de:0110] (rev b2)

OK.  This is... a rather old device.

<https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers#Debian_10_.22Buster.22>
has instructions for three different proprietary nvidia drivers.
The problem is I don't know which one you need.  You may just need
to try all three, one at a time, and see what happens.

Or else look for this nvidia detection script that I've heard about
in the past, which is supposed to tell you.

There are links to lists of supported devices, and yours is listed under
the section that says it's supported by something called the "96.43.xx"
driver, but I do not know how that designation maps to any of the three
different Debian package names for nvidia drivers.