On Wed, 2021-05-19 at 07:42 +0100, Tixy wrote:
[...]
> When reinstalling packages that were installed automatically to satisfy
> dependencies, you would want to make sure their state is set back to
> auto installed after forcibly reinstalling them.
>
> I've not done this sort of thing, but to get and set package states
> 'apt-mark' looks like the tool. Try 'man apt-mark'.

Actually, searching on the internet there seems to be lots of different
suggested methods for 'reinstall all debian packages' and I don't have
the experience to recommend any. Though I would certainly want to use a
tool to get a record of currently installed packages and their state
before doing anything first - so I had a method of checking results and
fixing any mess I'd caused.

--
Tixy