Hello David,

Nice to hear from you again.

> Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 4:05 PM
> From: "David Wright" <deb...@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: How do I mount the USB stick containing the installer in Rescue
> Mode?
>
> Presumably given as root.

A definite yes because I chose to mount /dev/perfect-vg/root as a root file
system in Rescue Mode.

> > The error message is:
> >
> > mount: /media/myusb: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or mount point busy
>
> Type:
> $ ls -l /dev/disk/by-label/
> to see what the kernel called your stick. Debian installers have LABELs.

root@perfect:/# ls -l /dev/disk/by-label/
Total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Jul 15 17:00 'Debian\x20testing\x20amd64\x201' -->
../../sdb1
root@perfect:/#

> > Below are the results of cat /etc/fstab

> >  <pass>
> > /dev/mapper/perfect--vg-root   /              ext4     errors-remount-ro
> > 0   1
> > /boot/efi was on /dev/sda1 during installation
>
> There's a # before that line

Which line please?

> > UUID=A30E-2C33    /boot/efi     vfat    umask=0077      0      1
> > /dev/mapper/perfect--vg-swap    none       swap    sw   0      0
> > /dev/sr0      /media/cdrom0     udf, iso9660 user, noauto   0  0
> > /media/myusb
>
> That line looks spurious. If you put it there, I would remove it for
> the time being.

Did you mean /media/myusb ?

> When you mount a USB stick as root, you don't need
> an entry in fstab, but you do need to create a mount point first.

I didn't know that I didn't need to create an entry in fstab if I mount a USB
stick as root.

> Of course, this has been done for you as a convenience: there is
> a /mnt directory specifically for temporarily mounting a device.

root@perfect:/# mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt
mount: /mnt: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or mount point busy
root@perfect:/#