On 21-07-2021 06:17, Christian Britz wrote:
> On 20.07.21 19:58 Greg Wooledge wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 01:15:32PM -0400, andre...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Good afternoon, I am uninstalling chromium from Debian 10 and the
>>> procedure automatically installs firefox and the same happens when
>>> uninstalling firefox. How to solve this? Thanks.
>> You probably have a desktop environment installed which Depends: on
>> a web browser.  So, when you uninstall one, it falls back to a different
>> one, in order to satisfy this dependency.
>>
>> If firefox-esr is currently installed, then you can ask aptitude what's
>> keeping it here:
>>
>> aptitude why firefox-esr
> In my case it is meta package gnome-core. It is a pity that it doesn't
> have an alternative dependency on www-browser, this would be satisfied
> by google-chrome-stable, which I prefer over chromium.

There are plenty of others, quite stable.
Falkon is as quick as any of them, if you're happy to work around one or
two minor discrepancies from a stripped down process that keeps it that
way.
I have three installed, because I do a little web design work, and I
need them for checking, but to each his own.
For example, I wouldn't touch Chrome.
Cheers!

Harry.

--
`When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty'
-- Thomas Jefferson