On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 10:17:26PM +0200, Christian Britz wrote:
In my case it is meta package gnome-core. It is a pity that it doesn't have an alternative dependency on www-browser, this would be satisfied by google-chrome-stable, which I prefer over chromium.

www-browser is not required to be a 'graphical' browser; it is satisfied
by Lynx, for example. There used to be an 'x-www-browser' which was
meant to describe X11 browsers, which no longer exists, and would be a
bit inaccurate in the "age of Wayland", too. But fundamentally the
browser-related virtual packages are a mess and need cleaning up.

--
Please do not CC me for listmail.

👱🏻      Jonathan Dowland
✎        j...@debian.org