Hi.

gone @ $ € (wrong keyboard)
How it happened:
During Debian installation, I chose a linux version 4.19.0-17-686-pae from
a mirror.
I lost (nb.UTF-8 or similar) setup (Norwegian bokmål) in
Macintosh-no-dead-keys.
I couldn't find a list of available keyboards in Gnome desktop, then
recalled I found it in Xfce once before (hopefully in Debian) so I wrote in
Terminal:
su
root password
# apt install task-xfce-desktop
then tried to remove the Gnome desktop, wrote:
# apt remove task-gnome-desktop
Terminal responded but nothing happened; Gnome not removed, Xfce not
visible.
Tried Synaptic, it said it would not execute actions unless I remove
Wayland. How?
I can learn to use the Gnome desktop, but I really need to change this
keyboard.
BR,
Gunnar