On Friday, October 15, 2021 09:50:26 AM Dan Ritter wrote:
> john doe wrote:
> > On 10/15/2021 1:40 PM, john doe wrote:
> > In general, I would not advise to have a web server publically available
> > at home.
>
> I strongly disagree.

I agree with Dan (on the strongly disagree).

Further, I would mention that the way some people used to do this was to have
sort of two levels of firewall protection.  They had strong firewall (or
similar) protection for their personal computer / network, and then the server
(for public use) sat outside that firewall, possibly with a less restrictive
firewall in front of it.

I vaguely think I remember a phrase like "demilitarized zone" for (iirc) the
area outside your personal computer / network.

I never did this.  For a little while, a long time ago, I ran a server just
for my home network (with no public access).