On 27/02/2023 19:58, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
I see the maintainer has
uploaded a new version with a fix for your issue (--execute), but
they have pointed out that the original bug was complaining about
something different (-c): I hadn't noticed the difference, and it
seems only the former is a policy violation in their eyes. I hope
the action properly addresses *your* issue.
Indeed it does.

I guess the issue of how to handle the arguments following -e is a bit tricky,
and this *ought not to work*:
x-terminal-emulator -e 'if true; then { echo "true"; bash;}; fi'
although it does with some terminals.
'if true; then { echo "true"; bash;}; fi' doesn't work in an actual terminal
interface though, because the whole quoted string is treated as a single command, and
rejected.

This works:
x-terminal-emulator -e sh -c 'if true; then { echo "true"; bash;}; fi'

Anyway the issue is fixed. :)

--
John