On 5/19/23, Cindy Sue Causey <butterflyby...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/19/23, Schwibinger Michael <h...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Good afternoon
>>
>> I did the update and
>> when doing new start:
>> Crash

< snipped for relevance >

> And they're perping it in a different way. Adobe had gone straight
> down the line and changed everything directly under "/" to a third
> party username. No root, no 1001 for that one back then.

After thinking about it again, I take that back. I THINK Adobe
affected only the directories it touched, not all "/" directories,
which would partially match how whatever changed mine didn't change
all the child directories.

It still doesn't explain how e.g. /root became "root 1001" instead of
"root root" permissions. My impression as someone who reported this
years ago is that someone has figured out how to take the damage to a
new level.

Cindy :)
* runs with birdseed *