<to...@tuxteam.de> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 04:06:23AM -0400, Charles Kroeger wrote:
>> > As far as I know, apt is pretty much apt-get
>>
>> If you're using Debian 12 then the -get is gone.
>
> No, it's still there, whenever you need it :)
>
> Cheers

IIUC "apt" is a replacement for end-user that combines most of the
functions in "apt-get" and "apt-cache".  On the other hand, the output
of "apt-get" and "apt-cache" are considered stable and can be used for
scripting that parse their output, meanwhile apt may introduce
backward-incompatible output changes.  You'll get a warning if you use
"apt" in a script.  See also "man apt":

,----

`----

--