On 10/27/23 00:47, Stefan Monnier wrote:
I would have thought that techies understand its origins, and
non-techies are fairly unlikely ever to encounter it.

That's the thing: if you use `home.arpa` for your home network, suddenly
it's exposed to non-techies, like your friends and family, contrary to
things like `in-addr.arpa`.

         Stefan

I tried to change just this machine to see how its done, and managed to get all the right answers, which did not affect my local network since I generally use the alias name for an ssh or sshfs login, but on a reboot its all gone. So how the heck do we do that so it survives a reboot?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis