Arno Lehmann, ITS wrote:
> Then, you have problems with Sid. Now, Sid is the unstable development
> version of the distro. On the web page describing the different
> releases, https://www.debian.org/releases/ the authors stated very
> clearly that Sid might not work and even mentions disfunctional updates
> as an example. They also state that users of Sid should subscribe to
> debian-devel-announce. My conclusion is that problems with Sid should be
> discussed with the developers community.

  on top of your comments also realise that sid and testing
are going through usr-merge changes for some time and it will
continue and things may be in an in-between-state in places
between not working and working.

  i would also follow debian-devel, installer and tool-chain
lists if you are going to get into sid and testing to see
what has been being talked about.

  songbird