On Wed, Jan 17, 2024, 9:35 PM gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> On 1/17/24 19:54, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> > Andy Smith wrote:
> >> Then there will just be people going by taste.
> >>
> >> Personally I still put them directly on drives. If I ever get taken
> >> out by one of those crappy motherboards, I reserve the right to get
> >> a different religion. 😀
> >
> > I'm clearly a member of a third group of people,,, :-)
> >
> > Putting partitions on the RAID drives helps *me* identify them.
> >
> you aren't alone Steve.
> Cheers, Gene Heskett.

Sounds like this group has finally achieved a long overdue consensus. How
many times since LVM was ready for root/boot volumes have I been told that
using partitions was necessary good practice. Even had that in job
interviews, where half the team would grin at me saying it and the other
half scowling at my "poor practice".

Now we know it was just personal preference all along. Like somebody said
:-)