On Fri, 26 Jan 2024, Andy Smith wrote:

Out of interest what brand of UPS do you recommend for home use that
has easily-replaceable batteries every 3–5 years? For a load of
about 300W.

I currently have two Eaton Ellipse ECO 1600's. I change the batteries every 4-5 years, but this is not as easy as it should be. It is not evident that only one of the four back panel screws needs to be removed. I took me a while to learn this. The four screws are deeply recessed and difficult to see. They have different heads: some are Torx 10, others are a star. Keep trying different screwdrivers until you feel something turning.

The battery compartment is too tight. I took me 4 attempts to get the batteries back in, with the cables still connected and positioned such that the rear panel can be put back.

If you re-assemble and the UPS doesn't respond to pressing the ON/OFF button, then the battery leads have detached. Start all over again. Good luck!

It could have been a lot easier.  Roger