Hi,

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 05:09:02PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> I have made 1 full partiton om each one, a labeled those partitions  as
> SiPwr_0 and SiPwr_1

Please show us the command you used¹ to do that, so we know what
exactly you are talking about, because as previously discussed
there's a lot of different things that you like to call "partition
labels".

If we take that literally that would be a GPT partition name, but
you've used this same terminology before and meant a filesystem
label.

> My only question it will those partition names survive lvcreating an 11T lvm
> out of these and 2 more 2T gigastones.

Assuming you meant partition name the first time as well, nothing
you do other than a disk wipe or re-name should alter those
partition names.

But your chosen partition names don't make a lot of sense to me.
You've picked names based on the type/manufacturer of device so you
may as well have just used the names from /dev/disk/by-id/… which
already have that information and are already never going to change.
I don't know why you want to complicate matters.

If instead you put filesystems on these partitions and labelled
*those*, well, no, LVM goes under filesystems so those filesystems
and their labels (and contents) are not long for this world.

> I have not dealt with an lvm in about 15+ years trying it once
> when it first came out with a high disaster rating then.

I hope you are putting a level of redundancy under that LVM or are
using the redundancy features of LVM (which you need to go out of
your way to do). Otherwise by default what you'll have is not
redundant and a device failure will lose at least the contents of
that device, possibly more.

Regards,
Andy

¹ and while you are there, maybe a post-it note with "I will show
  the exact command I used any time I write to debian-user" stuck to
  the top of the display of the screen you use to compose emails
  would help, because basically every thread you post here lacks
  that information.