Hi,

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 09:56:07PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > On 2/14/24 19:48, Andy Smith wrote:
> > > I hope you are putting a level of redundancy under that LVM or are
> > > using the redundancy features of LVM (which you need to go out of
> > > your way to do). Otherwise by default what you'll have is not
> > > redundant and a device failure will lose at least the contents of
> > > that device, possibly more.
> > >
> You pique my curiosity because this is going to be my backup system, but not
> a syllable about how to do it. You tell me its fine 3 paragraphs up. then
> tell me lvcreate will wipe it out.  I'm asking for answers, not more
> connumdrums..

You've split your reply to my mail across three different emails and
now you're replying to a part about redundancy, but asking questions
about something completely different, all while referring to bits
that are not proximal to where your text is, so it's unclear to me
exactly what you are asking about.

You asked if "labels" would survive their associated partition being
put into LVM.

I said, "yes if you mean partition names, no if you mean filesystem
labels".

To my implied question about your redundancy plans (if any), you
then complain that I have not given you "a syllable about how to do
it". Do *what*? I don't yet know what your plans are in that regard.
If you have questions, ask them.

Regards,
Andy