Hi,

On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 08:44:26PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> On 2/15/24 15:45, Andy Smith wrote:
> > MD RAID isn't the only way to achieve redundancy. You also haven't
> > explained why you need LVM. Depending on your needs, maybe a
> > filesystem with redundancy and volume management features in it
> > would be better. Like btrfs or zfs.
> May I miss-understood the wiki, xfs is stated as not being complete for
> linux, a zfx is I think commercial?
> Can you update that?

I'd rather not try to explain XFS and ZFS to you when it's not even
clear what you're trying to achieve. In all likelihood you will not
need to use either XFS or ZFS.

Also we can't correct a wiki article without knowing what it is…

> the gui access delay (30+ seconds) problems I have did NOT go away
> when I moved /home off the raid to another SSD

More evidence that those problems had nothing to do with RAID or the
storage devices you used in your RAID, but is something broken in
your desktop software setup. Unfortunately I have no idea how to
debug that.

Thanks,
Andy