On 2/24/24 11:03, Loïc Grenié wrote:
On Sat Feb 24th, 2024, at 16:03, Gene Heskett wrote:

    Greetings all;

    As most of you know I'm a DM-II, but the recent shortage of
    trulicity, a
    weekly self administerd shot that helps regulate one's blood guclose
    levels has got us scrambling for alternatives.  So a month back I
    bought
    one of the so called smart watches that purports to monitor blood sugar.

"purports" appears to be the correct verb
https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/do-not-use-smartwatches-or-smart-rings-measure-blood-glucose-levels-fda-safety-communication

<https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/do-not-use-smartwatches-or-smart-rings-measure-blood-glucose-levels-fda-safety-communication>

I got a msg from our state AG warning me about these, but it was 2 days after I had ordered this thing. Too little warning, too late, but I'm the curios type, and this device looks good so I would like to see how it compares with the antique finger prick model we've been using since Hector's great grandfather was a puppy.. New tech sometimes work pretty good while the FDA seems to try to protect old tech.
    (as for the rest of the mail, I have no idea whatsoever).

           Loïc

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis