On Sat, Feb 24, 2024 at 12:06 PM gene heskett wrote:

> On 2/24/24 11:03, Loïc Grenié wrote:
> > On Sat Feb 24th, 2024, at 16:03, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >
> >     Greetings all;
> >
> >     As most of you know I'm a DM-II, but the recent shortage of
> >     trulicity, a
> >     weekly self administerd shot that helps regulate one's blood guclose
> >     levels has got us scrambling for alternatives.  So a month back I
> >     bought
> >     one of the so called smart watches that purports to monitor blood sugar.
> >

> > "purports" appears to be the correct verb
> > https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/do-not-use-smartwatches-or-smart-rings-measure-blood-glucose-levels-fda-safety-communication
> >
> > <https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/do-not-use-smartwatches-or-smart-rings-measure-blood-glucose-levels-fda-safety-communication>
> >
> I got a msg from our state AG warning me about these, but it was 2 days
> after I had ordered this thing. Too little warning, too late, but I'm
> the curios type, and this device looks good so I would like to see how
> it compares with the antique finger prick model we've been using since
> Hector's great grandfather was a puppy.. New tech sometimes work pretty
> good while the FDA seems to try to protect old tech.

Give the FreeStyle Libre 14 day sensor a try - it's so much nicer than
poking holes in yourself whenever you want to know what your blood
sugar is.
There's a reader you have to buy or a current enough smart phone can
be used as a reader.

What I'd like to find is software that lets me get the data off the
reader into my PC.  Abbott wants everything uploaded to their servers
and I quit reading the terms of service when it got to them giving out
my data after 'anonymising' it.

Regards
Lee