My notebook has Trixie for most packages, then some from Bookworm and a few form Sid.

Pipewire used to output sound just fine until yesterday, when I upgraded the whole system via aptitude and rebooted.

Until yesterday I also had rc-buggy in my sources-list, but then I removed it (before the upgrade) because of some unresolvable dependencies.

Today Alsa lists my integrated analog audio device:

$ aplay -l
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC298 Analog [ALC298 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

but then alsamixer doesn't find it:

$ alsamixer
the menu only shows "Card: PipeWire \n Chip: PipeWire ..." and a message: "This sound device does not have any controls"

Pipewire and `wpctl status` seem to recognize the device (but not the analog sink):

$ pw-cli list-objects
[...]
        id 44, type PipeWire:Interface:Device/3
                object.serial = "44"
                factory.id = "14"
                client.id = "41"
                device.api = "alsa"
                device.description = "Audio interno"
                device.name = "alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1f.3"
                device.nick = "HDA Intel PCH"
                media.class = "Audio/Device"

$ wpctl status
PipeWire 'pipewire-0' [1.0.6, lucio@t470, cookie:1325159986]
 └─ Clients:
[...]
Audio
 ├─ Devices:
 │      44. Audio interno                       [alsa]
 │
 ├─ Sinks:
 │      46. Audio interno Digital Stereo (HDMI) [vol: 1.00]
 │
 ├─ Sources:
[...]

The XFCE audio mixer only shows the HDMI output (not connected), but when I run it, I can hear a little noise in my analog headphones, which is the same noise I used to hear when I ran any application that output sound and it initialized the output sound device until yesterday.

Also `pactl list sinks' only shows the HDMI output.

Google Chrome seems to happily play YouTube videos, except no sound ever comes out (maybe it is routing audio to the disconnected HDMI output?).

pipewire-pulse 1.0.6-1 is installed, /etc/pipewire/media-session.d/with-pulseaudio exists and wireplumber is running.

Aplay fails to play a simple wav:

$ aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Left.wav
Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Left.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono
aplay: set_params:1456: Unable to install hw params:
[...]

And I've run out of ideas.