Il 26/05/24 15:26, Michael Kjörling ha scritto:
On 26 May 2024 13:08 +0200, from lu...@sulweb.org (Lucio Crusca):
_Or_ you can see that [...] a power tool that requires
understanding of the consequences of the results.

I absolutely agree with you, but I feel like the point here (where "$here" == "in my topic") should a bit of a different one: granted, my system is "strange", or call it whatever you like, but, given this situation, and given that no one can really tell if the strangeness (APT pinning) is really the cause of my problem, does anybody have any suggestions for me that can help me solve the problem?

And no, "reinstall from scratch and forget APT pinning" is not the solution I'm looking for: I already know I could do that, but I'm more interested in understanding what went wrong. I can even live without sound while I try to understand that.

In other words, assuming your system were to behave like mine, what would you do to understand why it detects the audio device, but not the analog output sink?