On Sat, 2024-05-25 at 14:51 +0200, Lucio Crusca wrote:

> Il 25/05/24 13:51, Mindaugas ha scritto:
> > Hello.
> > Don't make a FrankenDebian. Oh, I'm sorry. Your system has already
> > become like this.
> >
> > P.S.
> > The reason things can break is because the software packaged for
> > one
> > Debian release is built to be compatible with the rest of the
> > software
> > for that release.
>
> This is the utmost futile answer I ever received in 22 years of my
> "FrankenDebian", but thanks for your time nevertheless.
>
> Besides it is also a misleading answer: testing is not a complete
> distro, in that you *need* to add stable and/or sid in order to
> actually
> use it, and guess what? A lot of people out there actually do that.
> Oh,
> even APT pinning [1] exists just for that.
>
> Anyway, if you ever happen to find something like a useful answer,
> you're welcolme to post it here. Thanks in advance.
>
> [1]:  https://wiki.debian.org/AptConfiguration

Yes, people do. It's their systems. But then there is no need to cry
and complain that something is not working or is not working properly.
Personally, I've never had any problems with sound on Debian. Maybe
because I don't do the kind of scenarios you do (apt pinning, mixing
packages from stable, testing and unstable etc.)