Am 23.09.26 um 11:30 schrieb Vincent Lefevre:
On 2026-09-22 15:37:59 +0200, Marco Moock wrote:
Am 22.09.26 um 11:40 schrieb Vincent Lefevre:
On 2026-09-21 12:06:03 +0200, Marco Moock wrote:
Am 21.09.26 um 03:00 schrieb Vincent Lefevre:
On 2026-09-20 09:23:48 +0200, Marco Moock wrote:
Am 19.09.26 um 23:40 schrieb Vincent Lefevre:
In any case, I don't see why IPv6 support in the kernel matters
for nscd. I don't see any reason why nscd would do an IPv6
connection; that's useless for name resolving.
nscd is only a cache for libc, it does not do any lookups. The sources
defined in nsswitch.conf do the lookups.
This is incorrect: when nscd is running, nsswitch.conf is not
used at all by the program that calls getaddrinfo! There's only
a connection to "/var/run/nscd/socket".
It still does not do any DNS lookups, it uses the libraries in listed in
nsswitch.conf.
This is still part of the nscd process.
I a quite sure it isn't. But feel free to ask at the libc mailing lists,
there are the people who developed this.
So, you think that the nscd process contacts another daemon?
It is part of libc and it most likely (I haven't checked, feel free to
ask at their mailing lists) calld other components, e.g. the libnss
libraries. :-)
If they handle SERVFAIL improperly, it is not nscd's fault.
I don't see how this is related to IPv6 support in the kernel.
It might, as a system with IPv6 support disabled will most likely never as
for AAAA, which might change the (probably faulty) behavior.
What do you mean?
If the kernel support for IPv6 is disabled, certain applications might
stop trying to open IPv6 connections at all, so no AAAA queries.
This does not say how nscd uses nsswitch.conf (/etc/nsswitch.conf
contains "hosts: files dns", so "dns" applies, but this does not say
how name resolving is done). The nscd developers should document that
first.
Please suggest that at sourceware.org, where the programmers of libc have
the repo.
Done here: https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=34668
Thanks, I will subscribe.
--
Gruß
Marco
Spam bitte an [email protected]