On 3/10/26 23:56, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 10/03/2026 10:05 AM, Bret Busby wrote:

<snip>


I expect that using a web search engine such as the one that is one of the Borg's, would indicate a publicly accessible localised Linux Users Group for most locations.


To what search engine do you refer?



The one with the goggles - "We are watching you and your searches and wherever you go on the Web". The Goggle Borg...

For a less sinister web search engine, is duckduckgo, which includes in its results,
https://www.reddit.com/r/springfieldMO/comments/ar0y1i/linux_user_group/

As a person who has been around computers since the original difference engine (from the time of analogue computers, which preceded digital computers, and were used for solving differential equations, I believe), I had expected that you would have known of web search engines and how to use them. I am not sure whether archie and gopher are still in use.

For more information about search engines, see
https://archive.org/details/findingitoninter0000gils
..
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia
(UTC+0800)
..............

Reply via email to