This is going to cause a firestorm!!!

<$.02>
AOL should be one of the targets of our anti SPAM efforts.  Then when enough
mail servers reject AOL mail, the AOL users will complain loudly enough (or
leave AOL) and AOL will have to change its ways.  AOL is counting on us
being afraid of the "big, bad company".  Well, I'm not.  As long as AOL
doesn't play by the accepted rules of internet email (ie. noabuse account,
postmaster account) and allows their users to send SPAM, then I choose not
to accept email from them.  I pity the admins out there who have paying
customers that wish to recieve mail from them, because you have your own
business case for allowing AOL mail.

Its a real catch-22 when a company as big as AOL (and owned by a politically
twisted company like Time Warner) is making up rules for their own gain.
And expecting the rest of us to accept it.

BTW: There is something seriously wrong with a company providing internet
services and email, but having no valid email address published anywhere on
the internet.

I know a bunch of you are thinking that this is over the top.  Maybe it is.
But how many of you filter other companies for not playing by the rules?
Don't be a hipocrite!  You actively criticize those companies, but allow AOL
to do it?

I can honestly say that my policy is stated about actions (RFCs and SPAM),
not about companies (abc.com vs. AOL.com).  IF AOL wants to start playing
nice, then I have no problem accepting their email.

<$.02>