I don't like to delete either. I just the other week move almost fully
into a 100% weighted system (used to delete spamcop failed and had a few
ones that was set to bounce).
If the weight is above 30 I delete, weight above 20 I hold. 10 I just
put a header on.
The held messages I process with spam review (a great program) those
that are abvious junk mail that sends a lot of junk I have filters
that "deletes" the messages basically moves them from Decludes hold
folder to a spam review hold folder. Every couple of weeks I purge out
messages in the spam review hold folder that are older then 2 weeks.
So IF a customer is missing a piece of mail they have 2 weeks to get
hold of me. However messages that obviously are not "junk" but ended
up in the hold queue for one or another reason I use spam review to
return into the queue to get delivered if I see a large amount of held
messages from one person I usually create a rule to automatically
return this persons messages back into the queue and for the majority
of the time I run spam review in Out of office mode during which time
it will process my filters automatically. Messages that don't match my
filters will sit there for me when I have time (usually spend a little
time in the morning processing last 12-24 hours messages).

No complaints from any of our customers so far. Well besides the
common complaint that they get a lot of junk mail. Delog show that
I block 50-60% of incoming messages and yet they complain :(

- Eje

Monday, May 20, 2002, 12:59:42 PM, you wrote:

GW> I don't like the idea of bouncing or deleting any messages.  I don't want to take
that responsibility, and potentially zap a message that a user wants.  I've set up a
local blacklist (based on
GW> the spams I've received that didn't fail any tests), a local whitelist, and I've
adjusted the individual pre-defined test weights a little, and am testing a
configuration that ATTACHes spam that
GW> hits a weight of 10, 14, or 20.  I've had a few non-spams get a weight of 10, but
14 and 20 are pretty on-target thus far.  If the users want to set up filters to
delete messages, that's *their*
GW> choice.

GW> My problem at the moment is figuring out how to explain to a rather
unsophisticated user base how to set up their own client or WebMail filters to make
use of the whole thing, if they do want to
GW> delete anything or move tagged messages to their own holding folder for later
review.