-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Charles Frolick
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 3:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Bounce strategies?

To solve that problem and postmaster bounces to bad addresses (spammers
sending to full or non-existing mailboxes) I wrote a script that scans the
spool for the bounce messages and removes them from queue after 3 failed
delivery attempts, my default is 24 attempts.  This virtually eliminated
SMTP32 lockup since my queue no longer bloats with undeliverable mail.  I
went from a low of approximately 800 messages in queue to 100 - 200 at
nearly any given time. The 800 was actually normal before using bounce.  I
did notice before I used the script, that if the declude bounce fails, a
postmaster bounce is generated, compounding the clutter.

One last note, I started using bounce right after both it and weighting were
available, and only have had two complaints about wrongfully bounced mail, I
use a weight of 20 to bounce, with some tweaking to the weights, though.

Chuck Frolick
ArgoNet, Inc.